Saturday, July 12, 2008

Are we allowed to have this much fun in a museum?

It has already been a week! I can't believe it! So much has happened in the past two days, but I will try and keep it short! :)

Thursday was a great day-- we had our second to last day of VBS which went well-- our groups craft was a trial and error but the kids had a ton of fun and all of us did too!! After the VBS ended, our team was pretty hungry, so we headed to an Argentinian restaurant around the corner that Luis had recommended-- which was DELICIOUS!! :) Then the music team had practice so we walked back to the church and the rest of us organized for the last day for VBS and painted upstairs!! Then around 5... or was it 6? :) Luis picked us up and we all went over to Antonio and Gaby's house for Armida's famous papusas-- which were incredible! =) It was a great time of fellowship with our team and the host families... we played games from "tijeras" to a cup game that i still don't get (which is really frustrating...my brain hurts!) to "sculptures" to "bang bang bang"... I don't think I've laughed that hard in a very long time!!! Robin came to pick us up and we left the party to get some rest for last day with the kids for VBS...

Friday (yesterday) was the last day of VBS, which was sad, but with all of the fun of finishing up crafts, and taking pictures with the kids, there wasn't much time to realize that it was the last day until all the kids had left! I am going to miss all of those kids so much! Thankfully, some of them go to Luis' church, so I'll get to see them the next 2 Sundays! We cleaned up after the VBS ended, and ordered some pizza for all of us to eat for lunch while we had some time to fellowship and play some games together (movie charades is a lot of fun with this group!) :) before heading off to paint some more... then came a huge treat-- we got to go have dinner at the Graumans!! It was such a blessing to get to be there again this year and have dinner with them as a team-- and we got to meet the Dowdy's too!! We had yummy lasagna and salad and bread, and cupcakes Mrs. Dowdy made for dessert (they live right next door to the Grauman's!!)-- and I got to hold baby Abby again!! She is so precious!! I got to catch up some more with Crystal, and Sarah, Vanessa, Crystal, and I had some fun girl talk time while Armida and the rest of the gang went crazy being hyper :)

Today we got to sleep in a bit, and we all went to the Museum of Anthropology for a few hours-- which was a blast (and it was a beautiful sunny day!!)... Then we headed to lunch at an outdoor restaurant we went to last year-- which was so fun to go back to! Vanessa, Sarah, Luis, and Luis and I sat at a table and talked until it was time to go.... Then Vanessa, Luis, and I got churros (my 1st Mexican churros!!)

Then we came home, and Robin, Vanessa, and I had a fun time talking in our room while Robin drank her hot chocolate... And now we are gettting ready to sleep!! :)

I wish I could write more-- there's so much to tell! Maybe tomorrow! :)

Have a great night!

3 comments:

Ann said...

YAY! A new update! I'm so happy that the VBS went well and that you had such a fun day off today!

Sleep well! XOXO!

Be glad in the LORD and rejoice, you righteous ones; And shout for joy, all you who are upright in heart. --Psalm 32:11

tms06 said...

Nothing like a full week of VBS topped off some great Mexican churros.

Praying for you,

James and Yadi

Anonymous said...

Oh Katie Poo, I'm glad that you are enjoying your time in Mexico!

I just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you.

Brother Brian