Monday, July 7, 2008

VBS Day 1!

3:30 PM

We're done with day 1 of the VBS! It was a great day from start to finish-- Vanessa and I woke up to clousdy skies and rain at 5:30 AM to get showers and eat some breakfast before leaving with Luis to meet up with Carlos, Luis D., and Armida to help transport supplies to Remanente. We arrived at the church around 8:30 and had a team meeting to prioritize what needed to get done before the VS started at 10:30...Well it was supposed to start at 10:30 but with all the kids coming in and our last minute set up, we didn't get started for a little bit--which was totally fine because we all resolved ourselves to be flexible! :)

It was SO FUN to see all the kids again (and some new faces--but mostly ones from last year!) They have all grown up so much! Ooh and I got to see my friend Luis from last year that I bonded with :). He didn't seem to remember me at first but when I asked him if he remembered me he said "Si!" and his little sister told me she still hasa picture of the three of us from last year! They are so cute!!

Sergio did an incredibly good job teaching the kids this morning-- we have the 4 through 6 year olds in our group so they are pretty antsy already, but Sergio (with help from our friends Carlos and Diana from the Naucalpan church) kept all the kids' attention and gave them opportunities to interact with the story of Ruth and Naomi. Then we moved on to our craft, which was super fun for the kids but super messy-- that always makes things more fun though! :)

Armida and Wendy made lunch for everyone-- mini hamburgers and chips! They worked so hard to make food for all 50 of us!

I got to see the Grauman's today too!!! All 3 of them! :) It was so exciting to see Crystal and Josiah and baby Abby (who is absolutely beautiful-- and so content and happy!!). I got to hold Abby and catch up with Crystal which was such a blessing- and Josiah helped me with my computer to get my wireless working! :)

After the VBS ended, our team sat down to re-cap the day and oh my did the exhaustion hit! :) But we were all so thankful for such a great first day, and for all the kids that got to come!

We left around 4 PM and headed back home to have some dinner Robin made, and to put the kids to bed! And now we are getting ready to sleep for ourselves! :) (Its almost 8 PM...)

Thank you all again for your prayers and encouragement to me and the team! The Lord is so good to us and is giving us the energy and ability to do the work set before us!

Until tomorrow then!
Que Dios les bendiga!

3 comments:

saraHAMi said...

I'm so glad that you got to see little Luis again!! When will you be able to post pictures? Xoxo!

Gurrolas said...

Yes, I agree with "sarahami" pics please ! Sleep well.

JT-dizz said...

Katie!!!
Sounds like its a blast. I'm digging the blog! And I agree with Sarah. When are you posting pictures!?!?