Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Good evening everyone! I apoligize for not giving an update yesterday but we got back late and were very tired-- it was a long day! Yesterday was day 2 of the VBS and went a lot smoother than day 1 detail-wise, and our kids are so much fun! Sergio did a great job teaching the lesson, and we kept our kids busy with clay after we had our Brazilian snack (I didn't tell you this I don't think, but each day we are "traveling" to a different country as part of our theme)... After the VBS our team sat down to recap the day, and exhuastion hit! We cleaned up and then came the afternoon of band practice for Vanessa, Sarah, Henry, Carlos, y Luisa-- for 4 HOURS!!! Luis D. and I were the only other team members who stayed that whole time because the rest of the team got picked up-- so we entertained ourselves by playing games on Sarah's laptop, ordering pizza, and listening to the band practice! After that (around 7 PM), Sarah, Vanessa and I left with Luis C. to go trade in our van that we had rented for the week for a new one that wasn't falling apart :). Luis, being the kind and always thoughtful person he is, wanted to appease us having to run this errand by taking us for ice cream before dropping Sarah off at her home. So we went to the beautiful sky mall and to our dismay, ben&jerry's had closed-- so we went for the next best thing-- Starbucks! :) Vanessa was the only smart one out of the four of us because she got a hot chocolate to drink, while the three of us got cold frappucinos-- which on a sunny and warm day would have been great, but it was raining and cloudy and cold! Oh well! :)

By 10 PM Vanessa and I were home, and ready to sleep!
We woke up to our alarm this morning at 5:30, and realized we didn't have to leave until 7:15 (as opposed to 7 AM the past few mornings) so Vanessa pressed the snooze button until 5:45... It was definitely the hardest morning yet to wake up, but God provided strength and energy to get going! We had a quick and yummy breakfast, and headed out to pick up the others in our carpool! Traffic was heavier this morning (by the way, have I mentioned yet how amazingly fun it is to drive in Mexico City? I love it! Luis offered for Vanessa or Sarah or I to try it for a little bit... who knows maybe I'll take him up on it? :)) but we got to church in plenty of time to set up., have our devotional time (led by Sarah today--on humility before the Lord-- so convicting!)..and take a quick nap! :)

At 10:30 the kids poured in (we were up to 63 today!!) and day 3 began!! Our team was definitely more tired today, but just as God provided the energy to wake up, He allowed us all to fulfill our responsibilities for today! This is just one of the many ways He has shown Himself faithful!! Sergio, again, did a great job teaching our little kids, and we made foam crowns today with fun stickers the kids got to decorate them with.. All of our kids got to be un rey for a day! :)

After the VBS, the music team had practice again-- this time until 5 PM-- and the rest of us left who didn't get picked up, painted upstairs, and organized our supplies for tomorrow. Luis then picked us up and took us to our homes, and Vanessa and I had a delicious dinner with Robin and the kids-- wow we are so spoiled!!

So tonight Vanessa and I are going to try and get a bit more sleep, because tomorrow will be another busy day of VBS, and then afterwards we get to eat Armida's papusas at her family's house!!

I hope everything back in the states is going well :)
Thank you for your prayers! God is stretching me and teaching me in ways I didn't know possible, and I'm so thankful for the opportunity to be here to learn!

I will write again soon!

Que Dios les bendiga!

4 comments:

CH said...

I'm so proud of Sergio! Who would have known two years ago that he woudl be doing this! Thanks for the update. Please tell everyone hello for me. I am in rainy and HOT Washington DC (unlike rainy and cold Mexico City). Rainy and cold actually sounds nice right now.
Keep working hard. It is a good thing you are doing. Our love to everyone.

Mexico City STM 2008 said...

Praise!! Praise!! Praise the Lord!!! keep the posts coming girl... i'm praying for you all.. it's so neat to know how the Lord is working in you all and through you all!!! i love you guys and miss ya'll too!!
much love, tiara

saraHAMi said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are having a fun time. I'm happy that you're learning a lot and enjoying yourself!! Here in southern CA, its been hot and sunny... Any kind of rain sounds nice! :) I miss you lots. See you soon. Xoxo

Unknown said...

Wonderful times! All your comments about the VBS, kiddies, lessons, crafts, snacks and themes are bringing back old memories of VBS times in Alaska... it really is a precious thing to share the gospel with the young ones. Vaness and I still await your arrival back and the many stories you will have to share.

Ciao.